Thursday, April 05, 2007

Clean in Katmandu






We arrived back in Katmandu this morning after an excellent acclimatization trek. I really don't think it could have gone better for Justin and I. We were able to breathe increasingly thinner air with a great group of people, and managed to stay healthy throughout the journey. We just left the Asian trekking office and are excited to say that everything is in place with the million details somehow sorted out. Speaking for both Justin and I, I can sincerely say that any pre-climb jitters were definately worked out over the past two weeks, and that our confidence towards Everest has only increased. The goal for the next two days is about 9000 calories a piece per day, and if we keep up at this rate it should not be a problem. Also, with any luck we'll have an excess of photos coming soon!!!!
Namaste!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Wow-what an accomplishment! You are reaping the rewards of all those months of exercise and plannning. Keep your spirits high, you have tons of people praying for you back in Fargoland!
Much love,
Mom

6:47 AM  
Blogger oldeverestguy said...

Justin,

Email me at ihsjohn@aol.com, got a couple questions for you guys? Congrats to all of you, super job!!

John erickson

6:50 AM  
Blogger paul said...

Brian & Justin -- Great start. Blog is on my favorites list. Brian, if you could e-mail me some pics at paulthomas@wkyc.com it would be great. Putting story together now. Powerful. also, if Katie is armed with videocamera, would she be able in town to send ftp files? Would webcam be better?
Stay strong and sharp.
paul

7:16 AM  
Blogger Aunt She said...

Hey you guys that is an amazing accomplishment. You two are my hero's. I can't tell you how impress we are. The Mertmiester he is very excited for you. Stay well Eat Eat and Eat more.
Love you Both Aunt she.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Big Bill said...

Fantastic journey! Congrats on your courage. I'm new to your story so forgive my ignorance. Did you already make the summit or are you still on your way up? Good luck to you and I admire you both. God Bless.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Greetings from your Tealady here in Athens Ohio. I do hope the tea I sent along to you arrived safely and you're enjoying it.It's warming and rich in Vit C and anti-oxidants, I'm hoping it's a welcome addition to your trek.The journey sounds powerful, the awareness you're creating is powerful as well.
Blessings to you all,
Maureen

2:41 PM  
Blogger D. Kick said...

Hi Brian,
The folks in Arizona are cheering you on. Enjoy the experience.
Love ya.
The Kicks and Iannarellis

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home