Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Back at Base Camp

I got a call last night from the Everest crew; they sounded great. Brian & Justin are back at Base Camp hanging out with Katie & Rachel. They are chilling at BC; taking some day hikes and making friends with other expeditions. In the next few days they are going to start the trek up to ABC. To ensure Katie & Rachel are properly acclimatized; the group will spend 2 nights at an interim camp between BC and ABC.

Brian & Justin send a big thanks to all the folks who participated in the Satellite Climb this past weekend. Please leave a comment with your story so we can fill them in they next time they call.

WKYC News Channel 3 in Cleveland is going to re-air the Everest story during their 9am broadcast on Saturday or Sunday. (More than likely on Sunday) Keep checking http://www.wkyc.com/ and http://www.therestofeverest.com/ for updates.

8 Comments:

Blogger hbaur said...

You guys rock! Your stories are so inspiring. I just want you to know I am sending the best vibes I can. Lots of love, Heather Baur

5:58 AM  
Blogger jellin80 said...

Hey Guys,
I think that this is so great! My kids at school are really enjoying following your journey!!!! They think you are famous! I have been sharing your blogs with them and they just love it! Have a great time, can't wait to see more! Best wishes on your travels!
Jennifer Wuebbles/Yellin

8:06 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Hello Katie, Rachel, Hewitt, And Brian from the treacherous confines of Murray Hill. I'm glad to hear the four of you are together. Keep up the good work.

Billy, Katie, and the Christie Crew

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brian and Justin I've been following the blog and am so impressed! It sounds like everything is going well and most importantly you all are healthy-keep eating! Our Satellite climb was canceled due to avalanche conditions so I did a hike/climb along the foothills of boulder taking the Mesa Trail from Chautauqua Park to the Base of Eldorado Canyon (where I sometimes climb in the summer but in the winter snowshoe with my dog Nalah. About 13.5 miles round trip. Alone it was nice to be able to reflect on what you all are doing and what your expedition is doing for everyone touched by lung cancer. You guys are amazing! My family and friends are wishing you all healthy and safe travels as you concor "The Beast"!
Nikki in Colorado Springs

8:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brian, Justin, Katie, Rachel - Sending love from all crew in NYC. Must pretty raw up there... Brian, I know you wouldn't have it any other way. We're all checking progress daily wishing you the best. Godspeed!
-Mike Y. (AKA Bubba)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Hi guys glad to here that you are all doing good. Me, Ashley, three others and four dogs hiked a mountain in Crested butte. It was fun and we summited that was the most exciting part. Even Jack did a great job. We are thinking of you guys everday.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Dalene said...

Hey Gang, the updates are so appreciated and comforting. Glad to here you ALL are doing well! I know your air is thin up there but Rach, as I sit in my office with no operable windows (so no fresh air!) I'm very envious! Stay in touch and be safe! Lots of Love to all of you!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

HIIIIIIIIIIIIII O
Im so proud of you!
I think about you all often and hope all goes well during the climb. Fingers crossed
xlesley

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home