Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Phase 1



It's time to take the bull by the horns and let it rip. Well... almost we have been working extremely hard to bring things together for this trip and it looks as though we are finally ready to go. Tomorrow we will be departing from our respective homes in Denver, Cleveland, Fargo, and San Fransisco(a day or two behind from here)and will be meeting up in Chicago for the 14 hour hop across the Big Pond. From there it's a two week trek and climb of Island Peak to acclimate. Our friends Tod, Chris, and Halle will be joining us for this part of the trip. Lot's of lists, packing, and a bit of fattening before the trip the past two weeks. We did manage to get out and climb some when Brian visited me in Colorado which was good for the confidence and a bit of gear testing to boot. I am still trying to set up streaming audio for our dispatches so keep checking the site and I will let you know when and if I get it set up in time.
I can see I am rambling so at this point I really don't have much more to say than YAAARRRRRR!!! Let me at it!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger oldeverestguy said...

Good luck with the climb and with the crappy food. Drink a lot of water, eat at the Fire and Ice and Kura Thai in kathmandu. Everyone back in fargo is in your thoughts so BE CAREFUL!!!!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger oldeverestguy said...

Now you're in kathmandu, ain't life great in the capital of the kingdom of Nepal. Dont forget to publish your iridium number for us all to email you.

John

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kim Sage said...

Hey guys!! I can't believe you already leave tomorrow! I wish you all the luck in the world to make this trip an amazing experience as well as a safe one. You should feel extremely proud of all of your fundraising efforts for LUNGevity. That is such an accomplishment in itself! Anyway, I will be thinking about you guys and checking the blog often. Let us know when you get to Nepal and that you made it ok!! Ok, I better stop before big sister worrying starts in!! Be careful!! (sorry, I had to say it once)
Good luck!!!!! Love, Kim

4:59 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Here’s hoping that Mountain Maker gives you guys lots of bright blue sky and as calm as oxygen can be up there. Good Luck Gents.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home